Read where: Some OEMs use PoP to reduce the board real estate area, particularly for small handheld products and devices. Others are moving to PoP because end-markets demand greater performance in smaller systems and products. In either case, OEMs will find that there’s a game changer going from 0.5mm pitch BGA PoP to the next generation, 0.4mm ultra-fine pitch BGA PoP. These rules-of-thumb will help make the jump.
Also this month:
• Autorouting PCBs
• Cleaning up after the solder mask
• An exclusive interview with new IPC president John Mitchell
• Setting up an ESD workstations
• Flex circuits or flex membranes?
• And more!http://pcdandf.com/cms/magazine/127-current-issue/8853-november-2012-issueDigital only:
A step-by-step process to cut costs for a high-rel RF tuner.
Or view the digital edition here: http://ourdigitalmags.com/publication/?i=131495